If you would like to change your account's subdomain, please be mindful of the following:
The integration email addresses for your PagerDuty services will change
The REST API v1 URL Endpoints will change
Your URL link to login will also be different, so you will want to notify other members of your team that the old subdomain link will not be accessible.
Although push notifications can still be received, the mobile app will not load and users will need to log out and log back in. See instructions below.
- If you have Single Sign On enabled on your account, you may need to adjust your Single Sign On settings to reflect your new PagerDuty subdomain.
There is a minimum 4 (four) characters for PagerDuty subdomains.
To prevent any interruption in your alerting, we would recommend planning to make the necessary changes above before changing your subdomain. Attached to this article is a guide with our recommended steps to take before and after your subdomain change. Also attached is a sample email communication template that can be shared with users prior and after the subdomain change.
When you are ready to change your subdomain, please contact our support team and a support agent can coordinate a date and time to change your subdomain for you. The change will be effective immediately.
- To log out:
- On Android: Navigate to the Accounts screen, tap the menu icon on the account, and tap Remove this account.
- On iOS: Navigate to the Accounts screen, tap Edit and tap the red delete icon next to the account.
- If these steps don't work, you can reset the app in your device settings:
- On Android: Navigate to Settings > Applications > PagerDuty > Clear Cache
- iOS: Navigate to Settings > PagerDuty > Reset toggle.