In the event of a PagerDuty outage, we use two channels to communicate about our system's status:
The PagerDuty status page is available at status.pagerduty.com as a channel to communicate during an outage.
During an outage, our status page will host the most up to date information about incidents and affected product areas. You can subscribe to our status page to receive email, SMS, and/or webhook notifications. You can also get an Atom or RSS feed from our status page.
Subscribing to our status page will allow you to receive:
- Notifications when we post outage incidents and updates, and/or
- Notifications when we publish a post-mortem analysis of an outage
If something goes seriously goes wrong, we will tweet from the @PagerDutyOps Twitter account. Tweets from this account are related to issues of high importance, and you should check this account in the event of downtime.
To setup Twitter to send you a text message when we tweet from @PagerDutyOps:
- Go to the Twitter website, then go to the profile menu and select Settings.
- Click Mobile and enter your information, then activate your phone.
- When prompted, verify your phone by texting the message to the number indicated.
- Once your phone is verified, configure your mobile settings.
Important: Be sure to select Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications.
- Save your changes.
- Follow @PagerDutyOps.
- Click on the action icon next to the Following button and enable mobile notifications from @PagerDutyOps.
Updated 3 years ago