Select the Incidents tab of the Combined Console to create, link and take action on PagerDuty incidents.
To create a new PagerDuty incident from a Salesforce record:
- In the Incident Command Console, click Create New Incident.
- Complete the following:
- Incident title: Enter an incident title.
- PagerDuty Service: Select the PagerDuty service where you would like the incident to trigger.
- PagerDuty Priority (optional): If desired, select the priority level you would like the incident to have.
- Incident description: Enter a description for the incident.
- Click Create Incident to create an incident in PagerDuty.
- If you navigate to your PagerDuty account and click the incident's title, you will see a link back to the Salesforce record in the Details tab of the incident.
To link a Salesforce record with an existing PagerDuty incident:
- In the Incident Command Console, click Link an Incident.
- In the modal that appears, you may select from the following in the dropdown:
- All open incidents: Search and select an open incident by its Title.
- Direct Link (URL): Paste the PagerDuty incident URL.
- Click Link Incident.
Once a Salesforce record has been linked to a PagerDuty incident (see above), you may select the following actions in the Incident Command Console by clicking the dropdown to the right of the incident title.
|Acknowledge||Click Acknowledge in the prompt that appears.|
|Resolve||Enter a resolution note and click Resolve Incident.|
|Edit Incident Details||Edit the PagerDuty incident's title or incident priority and click Update incident.|
|Add Responders||Select responders and/or escalation policies:|
- Responders to notify: Search and select user(s) to add as responder(s), if applicable.
- Escalation policies to apply: Search and select escalation policy(ies) to add as responder(s), if applicable.
- Message (optional): Enter an optional message.
Click Add Responders.
|Add Subscribers||Select users and/or Teams to add as subscribers:|
- Select users to add as subscribers: Search and select user(s) to add as subscriber(s), if applicable.
- Select teams to add as subscribers: Search and select Team(s) to add as subscriber(s), if applicable.
Click Add Subscribers.
|Send a Status Update||Enter a status update message in the New status update field and then click Send Update.|
|Run Response Play|
Note: Response Plays are available on our Digital Operations plan and as part of our Modern Incident Response package. Please contact our Sales Team if you would like to upgrade to a plan with this feature.
|Select a response play from the Select a Response Play dropdown and then click Run Response Play.|
|Run Automation Actions||Select an Automation Action from the Select an Automation Action dropdown and then click Run Action.|
|Escalate||Select a user from the Select who to escalate this incident to on |
|Add Note||Enter a note in the Add a note field and then click Add Note.|
|Reassign||Select the radio button for the following based on your preference:|
- Users: Search and select the user(s) you would like to reassign the incident to.
- Escalation Policy: Search and select the escalation policy you would like to reassign the incident to.
|Unlink incident||In the prompt that appears, click Unlink Incident.|
Select the Status Dashboard tab of the Combined Console to view the PagerDuty Status Dashboard, manage subscriptions to incidents and link incidents to Salesforce records.
If there are any incidents impacting a business service, you will be able to take the following actions by clicking to open the Business Service's incidents, and then clicking the dropdown to the right of your preferred incident.
|- Subscribe to the incident|
- Unsubscribe from the incident
|- Select Subscribe to this incident.|
- Select Unsubscribe from this incident.
|- Link Incidents to Salesforce Records|
- Unlink Incidents from Salesforce Records
|- Select Link this incident to a record. You may link an incident to multiple Salesforce records.|
- Select Unlink this incident from this record.
|Switch Custom Status Dashboard Views||Click the icon and select Switch Status Dashboard. In the modal that appears, select your preferred dashboard and click Apply.|
Updated 5 months ago