Billing, Invoices and Payments
Required User Permissions
The Account Owner is the only user that has access to billing-related information in PagerDuty.
If you need access to view or change billing, invoice, or payment information for your account, you can find the Account Owner by going to People Users and looking for Account Owner in the Role column.
All PagerDuty accounts are subscribed to a pricing plan. The pricing plan determines which features are available and it affects your invoice amount. You can manage your pricing plan, along with user licenses, add-ons and billing in the web app by navigating to User Icon Subscriptions.
Upgrade Your Account Plan
- Navigate to User Icon Subscriptions.
- In the Subscription Details card, click Upgrade Plan.
- Select one of the available plans, review and update the purchase details as needed, and then click Complete Your Purchase.
Downgrade Your Account Plan
To downgrade your account plan, please reach out to our Sales team for assistance.
Invoices are automatically sent to the Account Owner's login email address every month. The Account Owner can also view them at any time in the web app:
- Go to User Icon Subscriptions.
- In the section Invoice, click View your Invoice.
A list of invoices is displayed, with the most recent at the bottom. You can view and download a specific invoice by clicking View as: PDF to the right of your desired invoice.
If you need to display a separate address on your invoices:
- As the Account Owner, navigate to User Icon Account Settings Account Settings tab.
- In the section Update Payment Information, select Update Billing Information.
- With the Billing Contact Information tab selected, enter the new contact information that you’d like to be shown on invoices.
- Click Update.
If another user or a member of your company's finance team would like to receive copies of invoices each month, the Account Owner can have them CC'd on all invoice and payment-related emails.
- Go to User Icon Account Settings Account Settings tab.
- Under the section Billing Notifications, enter a comma-separated list of email addresses in the text field for Invoice Email Notifications.
- Click Save Changes.
Your monthly user charge is determined by the highest number of full users on your account at any time during the month. A "full user" can have any type of role, as defined in your subscription plan. You can get an overview of roles in your account in our Advanced Permissions article.
The number of users you currently have can be found by going to People Users. If you are the Account Owner, you can find the highest number of users in your account for the month by going to User Icon Subscriptions.
Flexible Licensing allows account administrators to quickly understand which licenses are assigned to each user, and how many license types have been deployed. Flexible Licensing makes no changes to your existing license assignments, provides a graphical update to your Users page, and offers the following beneficial changes:
- Manage user licenses on the Users page.
- Role assignment will no longer be available from the individual user details page.
- On Your Subscription page, the plan details and billing summary now show multiple base licenses where applicable.
Manage Licenses on the Users Page
Manage user licenses from the Users page by navigating to People Users.
Manage Licenses on Your Subscription Page
Customers with multiple flexible license products (e.g., Incident Response and Customer Service Ops) will see the improvements on this page. Account Owners can manage and view license data via Your Subscription page by navigating to User Profile Subscriptions.
If you need to add users to your annual plan, you can do so by going to User Icon Subscriptions Purchase Licenses. Click the to increase the number of licenses and then click Add. This will co-term more users for your annual plan with a prorated amount based on when your annual subscription completes.
Other objects in your PagerDuty account, such as schedules, services, integrations, extensions, add-ons, and Teams, do not have an effect on billing. In other words, you can add users to any number of schedules, escalation policies, or Teams at no additional cost.
Stakeholder users are billed at a different rate than other users, and are typically purchased in tiered bundles of users. For more information, please refer to the How much do stakeholder users cost? FAQ on our Pricing page.
You can also read more about Stakeholders’ capabilities in our Advanced Permissions article.
Add Stakeholder Users
To purchase a Stakeholder bundle, in the web app:
- Navigate to User Icon Subscriptions.
- In the section Include Your Stakeholders, make a selection from the Stakeholder Bundles dropdown and click Add Stakeholders.
- Make a selection whether you require a purchase order and click Complete Purchase.
PagerDuty AIOps Consumption Based Pricing
PagerDuty is committed to providing customers with the best value and ROI. With that in mind, PagerDuty AIOps is licensed per accepted event. Accepted events are any valid events that are sent to and processed by PagerDuty via email integration or API with a successful
2xx response. The number of events should correlate with the number of
2xx responses a customer receives back from the Events API.
This means that all events we accept are counted, including:
- Events sent to Events API v1, Events API v2, x-ere, etc.
- API events sent to a service key or a Global Orchestration
- Email events
- Trigger, resolve, acknowledge event actions
- Deduplicated or suppressed events
- Events sent to a service in maintenance mode
- Events sent to a disabled service
- Redundant resolves where a service continues to send resolves on the same incident
- Events that are later dropped due to rules or customer event transformations
Events that are not counted include:
- Events rejected at the API due to a rate limiting, throttling or an error
- Events sent to deleted routing keys (integrations or orchestrations) — these do receive a
2xxresponse for security reasons
- Change events
- REST API calls
- Incidents created through the REST API
The Account Owner can add a purchase order number to invoices during the checkout process:
- Go to User Icon Subscriptions.
- In the section Add More Users, update the new number of full users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Under Do you require a purchase order for this order?, select YES.
- Enter your purchase order number.
- Optional: If you do not have a purchase order on hand, you may select Not Available to complete the purchase now and provide a purchase order number later.
- Click Complete Purchase.
Customers on all modern pricing plans have access to unlimited worldwide push and email notifications, and should not expect incident notifications to affect their billing amount. Customers on our Professional, Business and Digital Operations plans also have an unlimited number of international SMS and phone notifications, while Free accounts can use 100 SMS and phone notifications per month.
Update Credit Card Information
The Account Owner can update credit card information in the web app:
- Navigate to User Icon Account Settings Your Subscription tab.
- In the section Billing Summary, select Update your Billing Address or Credit Card Information.
- Select the tab Credit Card Details and enter the new credit card information.
- Click Update.
If you have a past due invoice, we will automatically attempt to use the newly added card to pay its balance within 24 hours.
PagerDuty Support will never call you asking for credit card information over the phone.
Additionally, Support is not authorized to update credit card details over the phone or via other channels. Please follow the steps above to update your credit card information.
Credit Card Authorization Errors
If you receive a credit card authorization error, your new billing information will not be saved until the problem is corrected. In most cases authorization errors are due to issues verifying the address. PagerDuty verifies all billing information with your card issuer, so you may receive an authorization error even if the card has been accepted by other merchants who do not use address verification. Please make sure that you are not using an old or incorrect address, and that the postal code is correct as well.
If you recently updated your address with your card issuer and the card information you enter is not accepted by PagerDuty, please try again at a later time. Some card issuers take up to 72 hours to update your address, meaning address verification attempts will fail until your card issuer completes the address update.
Authorization attempts may also fail if you:
- Enter an unsupported card.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB.
- Enter an invalid security code.
- This is the 3 digit code on the back of the card if using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or JCB; or the 4 digit code above the 15 digit card number on the front of the card if using American Express.
- Enter an expired card.
- Enter a card that has not yet been activated with the issuer.
Annual Billing via Invoice
We allow payment via invoice (as opposed to credit card) for yearly prepayment plans.
Please contact our sales team for a quote if you are interested in paying yearly instead of monthly.
Updated 11 days ago