Required User Permissions
The Account Owner is the only user that has access to billing-related information in PagerDuty.
If you need access to view or change billing, invoice, or payment information for your account, you can find the Account Owner by going to People Users and looking for Account Owner in the Role column.
Invoices are automatically sent to the Account Owner's login email address every month. The Account Owner can also view them at any time in the web app:
- Go to User Icon Account Settings Your Subscription tab.
- In the section Invoice, click View your Invoice.
A list of invoices is displayed, with the most recent at the bottom. You can view and download a specific invoice by clicking View as: PDF to the right of your desired invoice.
If you need to display a separate address on your invoices:
- As the Account Owner, navigate to User Icon Account Settings Account Settings tab.
- In the section Update Payment Information, select Update Billing Information.
- With the Billing Contact Information tab selected, enter the new contact information that you’d like to be shown on invoices.
- Click Update.
If another user or a member of your company's finance team would like to receive copies of invoices each month, the Account Owner can have them CC'd on all invoice and payment-related emails.
- Go to User Icon Account Settings Account Settings tab.
- Under the section Billing Notifications, enter a comma-separated list of email addresses in the text field for Invoice Email Notifications.
- Click Save Changes.
Your monthly user charge is determined by the highest number of full users on your account at any time during the month. A "full user" can have any type of role, as defined in your subscription plan. You can get an overview of roles in your account in our Advanced Permissions article.
The number of users you currently have can be found by going to People Users. If you're the Account Owner, you can find the highest number of users in your account for the month by going to User Icon Account Settings Your Subscription tab.
If you need to add users to your annual plan, you can do so by going to User Icon Account Settings Your Subscription and clicking the Add Users button. This will co-term more users for your annual plan with a prorated amount based on when your annual subscription completes.
Other objects in your PagerDuty account, such as schedules, services, integrations, extensions, add-ons, and Teams, do not have an effect on billing. In other words, users may be added to any number of schedules, escalation policies, or Teams at no additional cost.
Stakeholder users are billed at a different rate than other users, and are typically purchased in tiered packs of users. For more information, please refer to the How much do stakeholder users cost? FAQ on our Pricing page.
The Account Owner can add a purchase order number to invoices.
- Go to User Icon Account Settings Your Subscription.
- In the section Add More Users, update the new number of full users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Under Do you require a purchase order for this order?, select YES.
- Enter your purchase order number.
- Optional: If you do not have a purchase order on hand, you may select Not Available to complete the purchase now and provide a purchase order number later.
- Click Complete Purchase.
Customers on all modern pricing plans have access to unlimited worldwide push and email notifications, and should not expect incident notifications to affect their billing amount. Customers on our Professional, Business and Digital Operations plans also have an unlimited number of international SMS and phone notifications, while Free accounts can use 100 SMS and phone notifications per month.
The Account Owner can update credit card information in the web app:
- Navigate to User Icon Account Settings Your Subscription tab.
- In the section Billing Summary, select Update your Billing Address or Credit Card Information.
- Select the tab Credit Card Details and enter the new credit card information.
- Click Update.
If you have a past due invoice, we will automatically attempt to use the newly added card to pay its balance within 24 hours.
PagerDuty Support will never call you asking for credit card information over the phone.
If you receive a credit card authorization error, your new billing information will not be saved until the problem is corrected. In most cases authorization errors are due to issues verifying the address. PagerDuty verifies all billing information with your card issuer, so you may receive an authorization error even if the card has been accepted by other merchants who do not use address verification. Please make sure that you are not using an old or incorrect address, and that the postal code is correct as well.
If you recently updated your address with your card issuer and the card information you enter is not accepted by PagerDuty, please try again at a later time. Some card issuers take up to 72 hours to update your address, meaning address verification attempts will fail until your card issuer completes the address update.
Authorization attempts may also fail if you:
- Enter an unsupported card.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB.
- Enter an invalid security code.
- This is the 3 digit code on the back of the card if using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or JCB; or the 4 digit code above the 15 digit card number on the front of the card if using American Express.
- Enter an expired card.
- Enter a card that has not yet been activated with the issuer.
We allow payment via invoice (as opposed to credit card) for yearly prepayment plans.
Please contact our sales team for a quote if you are interested in paying yearly instead of monthly.
Updated 2 months ago