Change events represent service changes such as deploys, build completion, configuration updates, etc., providing contextual information that is critical during incident triage or hypercare. They can be sent via specific integrations, and they do not create alerts, incidents or notifications. See the View Change Events section below for a list of places where change events are surfaced in PagerDuty.
Change events can be sent via our change events integrations, which you can find in our integrations library, filtering the Category by Change:
You may follow the instructions in these integration guides to configure, or you can add them via the Recent Changes page.
- Navigate to Incidents Recent Changes and click + New Change Integration to the right.
- Choose one of two options:
- PagerDuty Integrations: If you would like to select a prebuilt integration, select your preferred vendor.
- PagerDuty Events API: Select this option if you would like to create custom change events with the PagerDuty Events API.
- Select a service that you would like to add the integration to and click Next.
- On the next modal screen, copy your Integration Key and click View Documentation to see how to use the integration key to configure the rest of the integration.
You may also send change events to integrations via the Events API v2.
View the Events API v2 Overview for guidance on when to send a change event instead of an alert event. You can send both event types using a single Events API v2 integration key.
Navigate to Services Service Directory and click the title of the integrated service. Under Recent Activity you will see change events labeled as RECENT CHANGE in grey in the timeline:
Navigate to an incident on a service with the above integration configured. Click the incident’s Title and you will see a section with the most recent changes in the last 24 hours, with the option to View All on the right.
If there have been no recent changes, this section will read No recent changes on this service in the last 24 hours.
To view and filter all change events across all services, navigate to Incidents Recent Changes. You may filter by Team, Service, integration Type and Last Changed time period.
To view a change event's details, click the change event's title and you will see the Service, Type, Timestamp, Summary, Source and Links to view the pull request, the integrated repository and the user's profile.
Not at this time, but we are interested to learn about what you would like to accomplish, please contact our Support team with your use cases and feedback.
Not at this time, but we would like to hear your feedback, please contact our Support team.
Updated about a month ago