My On-Call Shifts allows users to view their current and upcoming on-call responsibilities in a single, easy-to-use view, where they can also create overrides for any of their shifts. My On-Call Shifts is also available as a widget on the right side of the Incidents page, which displays a user’s current shift and when they are on call next.
Schedules and Escalation Policies
My On-Call Shifts displays schedule shifts if the schedule is part of an active escalation policy. If you have shifts on a schedule that do not appear in My On-Call Shifts, please check that the schedule on an escalation policy, and that a service uses the escalation policy.
To access the My On-Call Shifts page:
- Navigate to People My On-Call Shifts, or User Icon My Profile On-Call Shifts tab.
The following information is displayed here:
- Currently On-Call: In the upper left you will see shifts that you are currently on call for.
- My On-Call Shifts: Below on the left, you will see a list of all your on-call shifts.
- Calendar: Center screen you will see a calendar of your upcoming on-call shifts, up to 90 days in the future.
- Use the dropdown in the top right to adjust the time range by month, week, day or list view.
Shifts types are denoted by the following:
- Recurring on-call shifts have a solid color.
- Shifts where you are always on-call have a diagonal line pattern.
You can adjust the time zone using the dropdown on the left side of the screen.
To add or remove on-call shifts from the view, click the eye icon to the right of a shift in your My On-Call Shifts list. Your selection is saved when you navigate away from the page.
Go to People Users and select another user to visit their profile page.
Select the On-Call Shifts tab.
You can create overrides while viewing another user’s On-Call Shifts page.
There are two ways to create overrides on the My On-Call Shifts page:
Delete Overrides Made Using the Multi-Overrides Tool
- If you wish to delete any overrides that were made with the Multi-Overrides tool, you will need to individually delete them. This is typically done on the associated schedule’s detail page. This Knowledge Base article covers deleting overrides.
- Multi-Overrides can only be made up to 3 months out from the current date.
- Navigate to People My On-Call Shifts.
- In the calendar, hover over a date, then click and drag to select the range of dates you would like to override.
- In the modal, select a user from the Who should take this shift? dropdown.
- Review the shifts that you are overriding — you may optionally edit the start and end times, as well as uncheck shifts from the list at the bottom of the modal.
- Click Create Override.
- Navigate to People My On-Call Shifts Create Override.
- In the modal, select a user to override In the Who should take this shift? dropdown, select a user to override the shift.
- Update the start and end times to cover the appropriate time range.
- Optional: If you do not wish to override all of a user’s shifts, you can uncheck shifts from the list at the bottom of the modal.
- Click Create Override.
To access the My On-Call Shifts widget, navigate to the right side of the Incidents page. The widget displays your current on-call shifts with dates and times, as well as escalation policies you are on-call for and upcoming shifts.
Updated 2 months ago