The PagerDuty Analytics Slack integration brings key Insights into Slack, providing quick and easy access to important metrics where you work. Slack Insights subscriptions allow you to evaluate metrics on a recurring basis, making it easier to identify trends and changes.
Subscribe to recurring, high-level Insights reports on Incident Activity, Service Performance, and Teams, and receive them directly in Slack. Reports are only visible to you and they will not be shown publicly in the channels in which they are configured.
Required User Permissions
All users, with the exception of Limited Stakeholders, can configure a Slack Insights subscription.
In a channel that has the PagerDuty app configured, use the Slack slash command
/pd insightsto configure recurring Insights reports.
Configure your subscription:
- Which teams need to be included?: Select up to 25 teams for which you would like to receive these reports.
- How often do you need to be updated?: Identify the frequency of which you would like to receive these reports.
- When do you need the report delivered?: Specify the day and time at which you would like to receive these reports.
Click Confirm to save your settings.
You will then see a final confirmation message from the PagerDuty app:
- After a few seconds, you will receive a report for the last full period based on the duration and delivery time you selected.
On the date(s) that you have configured (see section above) you will receive a report that is only visible to you. Each report provides a high-level view of your Insights. Click Incident Activity Service Performance and Team buttons to view each report. You have the option to Explore [Report Name] on web to see further details in the web app, and you may also clickManage Subscriptions to Unsubscribe from this report.
As part of the PagerDuty Analytics Slack Integration, users can now copy and paste Insights links from PagerDuty to Slack to preview Insights in Slack channels and direct messages. Unfurling visuals directly in Slack facilitates report sharing, and it empowers data-driven decision making and collaboration.
Slack Insights Previews is available for customers on our Digital Operations plan. Please contact our Sales Team if you would like to upgrade to a plan with this feature.
In order to use Slack Insight Previews, your workspace admin will need to approve the required scopes and permissions. Please see our Slack Integration Reauthorization section for details on approving scopes.
Insights previews respect the filters selected in the PagerDuty web app, and provide a corresponding summarized view in Slack. You can then click through these previews to further explore Insights in the PagerDuty web app.
- Navigate to Analytics Insights and select your preferred Insights tab.
- Click Copy URL to the right of the Insights you would like to paste into Slack.
- Navigate to your Slack console, paste the Insights link and send it to your preferred channel or direct message to view the preview.
To take advantage of the Analytics Slack Integration, you need to update to the Slack V2 or Slack V2 Next Generation integrations. Additionally, if you installed the Slack integration prior to March 2021, your Slack workspace admin might need to reauthorize additional scopes required for Link Unfurling.
At this time, Slack Previews are only available for Insights. In the future, we plan to explore extending Slack Previews to support additional Analytics features.
At this time, Slack Insights Subscriptions are delivered directly to the PagerDuty app instead of in direct messages or channels. If you would like to share Insights in direct messages or channels, you can use Slack Insights Previews.
Updated about 1 month ago