After completing the integration configuration, you can manage PagerDuty incidents in Zendesk, create Zendesk tickets from PagerDuty incidents, and view the PagerDuty Status Dashboard within Zendesk.
- To manage PagerDuty incidents in Zendesk, navigate to a Zendesk ticket and then click the Apps button on the right side of the screen.
- The PagerDuty app will appear and prompt you to log in to your PagerDuty account. Note: If you do not have a PagerDuty account, you can still view any incidents that are linked to this incident, but you cannot take any actions to coordinate a response or communicate with stakeholders.
- Once you've logged in, you can take the following actions from the Zendesk Incident Command Console, on the right-hand side of a ticket:
The following actions are also available from the menu:
- Acknowledge: Acknowledge that you are working on the incident and pause any further escalation. Confirm your selection by clicking Acknowledge in the modal.
- Resolve: Resolve the incident. Enter an optional resolution note and click Resolve in the modal.
- Edit Incident Details: Edit the PagerDuty incident's title or incident priority, then click Update incident.
- Escalate: Escalate the incident to another user or level on the associated escalation policy. Select a user from the dropdown and click Escalate.
- Add Note: Add a note about the incident to communicate with internal teams following it. Enter your desired text and then click Add Note.
- Add Responders: Add more responders to help with the incident. Select Users and/or Escalation Policies , enter an optional message, and then click Add Responders.
- Run Response Play: Run a response play to mobilize responders, engage stakeholders with status updates, and set up conference bridge collaboration at once. Note: Response Plays are available on our Digital Operations plan and as part of our Modern Incident Response package. Please contact our Sales Team if you would like to upgrade to a plan with this feature. Select a Response Play from the dropdown and click Run Response Play.
- Automation Action: Run Automation Actions from PagerDuty to execute scripts run by an automation runner and shorten resolution times.
- Reassign: Reassign the incident to a different user or to another team’s escalation policy. Select Users and/or an Escalation Policy, and click Reassign.
- Unlink Incident: Unlink the incident from this Zendesk ticket. You’ll be prompted to confirm your selection — click Unlink Incident in the modal.
- Send a Status Update: Send a status update to internal users that are subscribed to this incident. Enter your desired text and click Send a Status Update.
- Add Subscribers: Add Subscribers to the incident, who will receive any future status updates. Select the desired Users and/or Teams, and then click Add Subscribers.
- If you are not seeing all of these actions, you may have a limitation based on your permissions. Please contact your team’s admin user for assistance.
- If you would like to condense the information in the Incident Command Console, you can collapse the Detail, Timeline or Notes headers. You can also click at the bottom of the console to choose which pieces of information should be displayed.
- While viewing a Zendesk ticket, expand the PagerDuty app from the right pane and select Create Incident.
- Enter values for the following fields: Incident title, PagerDuty Service, PagerDuty Priority and Incident description.
- Click Create Incident.
- While viewing a Zendesk ticket, expand the PagerDuty app from the right pane and select Link Incident.
- In the modal’s dropdown, search or select a PagerDuty incident.
- Click Link Incident.
- If multiple PagerDuty incidents are related to a Zendesk ticket, you can repeat this as many times as needed.
If you ever want to create a Zendesk ticket based on a PagerDuty incident, you can do so from the PagerDuty incident’s details page. You will only be able to create a Zendesk ticket if the incident’s service is connected to Zendesk.
In PagerDuty, click an incident's Title to open the incident details page.
Select More Create Ticket -
In the Create Ticket modal enter the following information:
- Ticket Type
- Ticket priority
- Click Create Ticket.
Zendesk will create a corresponding ticket via its API:
The Status Dashboard feature is available on PagerDuty Business and Digital Operations plans. Please contact our Sales Team if you would like to upgrade to a plan including the Status Dashboard feature.
The PagerDuty Status Dashboard is available in Zendesk, allowing support agents to check real-time system health from where they work.
To view your Status Dashboard:
- In a Zendesk account with the PagerDuty Zendesk integration configured, click the PagerDuty app at the top right. You will see a dropdown with an overview of your current status.
- Click View Status Dashboard.
To view a different status dashboard:
- Click .
- Select your preferred dashboard from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
Updated 5 months ago