Webhooks allow you to receive HTTP callbacks when incidents are triggered and updated. Details about the event are sent to your specified URL, such as Slack, HipChat, or your own custom PagerDuty webhook processor.
- Navigate to Configuration → Services, then click the name of the service you want to add a webhook to.
- Select the Integrations tab and click New Extension.
- For the Extension Type select your webhook type or Generic V2 Webhook.
- Enter a Name for your webhook.
- Enter your endpoint's URL in the Details field.
- Click Save.
To test your webhook, click New Incident on the service to trigger a test incident, and then check your endpoint for updates. We recommend reviewing the webhook PagerDuty sends when an incident triggers. You can do this by using a tool online such as Beeceptor, webhook.site, or postb.in.
Updated 5 months ago
You can read more about PagerDuty Webhooks in our Developer Docs here: