Adding subscribers lets you notify stakeholders that need to know about an incident, but aren’t directly involved with resolving the incident. This could be C-level executives concerned about the health of the company, or a Support team interacting with customers during an outage, for instance.
Add Subscriber to an Incident
- Go to the Subscribers tab on the Incident Details page.
- Select the Team or specific users you’d like to add.
When you’re ready to notify your stakeholders, type a message in the Status Update field and click Notify Subscribers. Subscriber notifications will appear in the incident timeline.
PagerDuty can send Stakeholder notifications via email, SMS, and push notification (no phone notifications). In order to receive a notification via one of these channels, a Stakeholder will have to configure the notification method on their user profile page.
Users assigned to the incident can remove subscribers from an incident, and subscribers can choose to unsubscribe themselves.
If you are a user assigned to the incident and you want to remove a subscriber:
1. Go to the Incident Details page.
2. Click on the Subscribers tab.
3. Under Subscribers, click on the name of the subscriber you want to remove.
4. Click on Remove Subscriber.
As subscriber can unsubscribe by:
1. Going to the Incident Status page.
2. Click on the Unsubscribe button.